Monday, October 1, 2007

Week 6, Thing 13, Thing 14

I had a little trouble understanding the point of Del.icio.us at first. After looking it over for awhile I see that it could be useful. I added tags to a number of sites but I'm not sure that I will ever use it. Since tagging does not use a controlled vocabulary, people can use different terms for the same thing. This makes it more difficult to find what you want. Sometimes the tags can be too broad or too narrow.

Technorati

I did a keyword search in Blog posts on "Learning 2.0" and got 4,228 results. The same search in tags pulled in 677 hits and 679 hits in the Blog directory. Keyword searches always retrieve more hits many of them irrelevant.

It looks like many of the Top Favorited blogs have to do with technology, many of the top searches are on celebrity names and the top blogs are technology related or about politics. An interesting thing is that "Learning 2.0" is listed as one of the top searches at the moment.

No comments: